Pick Me! SC 2022
Why should you participate?
We send adopters to you!
- Promotion in statewide marketing campaign, including:
- TV & Cable ads
- Radio ads
- Digital/IP-targeted marketing
- Ads in your local newspaper
- Facebook and Instagram ads
- Signs and banners
- Media kit with sample posts for you to use on your own social media channels
- Details about your organization and your event posted at PickMeSC.org
- Giveaways from BOBS from Skechers
- Petco tote bags
- Petco Love Lost T-Shirts (limited supply!)
What we ask you to do:
- Send adoptable pets into homes!
- Try something new! Here are some ideas:
- Try waiving adoption fees
- Consider scheduling adoption appointments
- Try opening on a weekend and/or an extended weekday.
- Bring your pets to a Petco store
- What other ideas do you have???
Requirements to participate:
- Stay safe – Ensure all staff, volunteers, and visitors follow DHEC guidelines including social distancing, mask-wearing, and others (https://scdhec.gov/covid19).
- Get em fixed – Adopted dogs and cats must be fixed, vaccinated and microchipped, or have an appointment scheduled with a follow-up plan in place. (Need help with surgeries? Let us know!)
- Keep us in the loop – Report adoption numbers to No Kill South Carolina at the end of every day
- Use your tools – Ensure your available animals are posted on Petco Love Lost (https://lost.petcolove.org)
- Get the word out – Actively promote a public call to action with clear, consistent, and simple messaging about the event.
- Stay on-brand – Use “Pick Me! SC” in all event-related marketing.
- Keep it legal – Provide your own insurance.
- Play nice – Refrain from denigrating or speaking ill of one another and encourage other organizations in our sphere of influence to do the same.